- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ¼ cup fig jam
- 2 tablespoons grated piloncillo (brown sugar can be substituted)
- 1 (8-ounce) Brie cheese round
- 4 fresh figs cut in half
- 1 box plain water crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the brie in half, creating two rounds.
- Mix orange zest, fig jam, and piloncillo, and spread onto one of the brie rounds. Carefully place the other brie half on top.
- Place the brie on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Heat in the oven for about 10-15 minutes. Don’t overcook the brie or you will have a gooey hot mess.
- This step is optional: While the brie is baking, place figs on a hot Comal (griddle) for a quick sear. This gives them a warm smokiness and goes oh so well with the warm brie.
- Place the baked brie on a cutting board and serve with water crackers, sliced figs, and a chilled glass of Voluptuous Moscato.